Tuesday, January 5, 2010
It's been a while...computer was out of commission, holidays, etc. But now I am up and running and can share the good news about Baby Schriewer. He/She is growing by leaps and bounds now and is, according to my latest sonogram yesterday, coming in at 9 weeks, 1 day which puts our due date at August 8, 2010. Which would be pretty cool because then his/her birthday would be 08/08/10 and our anniversary is 05/09/09. (It doesnt' take much to amuse me.) And I learned yesterday that 8/8 is my friend Elizabeth's birthday and one of our favorite girl names right now is Elizabeth and she is gorgeous and smart so that's kinda nice. That's IF it's a girl. BUT...I kinda think it's a boy. Here's why (feedback from expert boy moms is desired):
1. From the time I was about 5 weeks pg, I have wanted nothing but red meat. Every single meal, red meat. With a close second being pinto beans. And cheese.
2. Until about a week ago I wanted nothing sweet at all. No cakes or cookies and I can't tell you in 33+ years when the last time I turned down cake or cookies.
3. My mother has all of her friends actually praying for a boy. I'm not sure if God thinks this is acceptable but, hey, if you don't ask for specific things, you won't get specific answers!
4. Bailee and Autumn thinks it's a boy.
5. When I had a rough day a couple of weeks ago, I spent ALOT of time in tears and praying and I actually had a name on my heart (Eli) just as if I were praying for Bailee and Autumn. If it's a girl, I guess we will have to call her Elizabeth to validate this.
6. Nancy told me it was a boy. I believe everything Nancy Droese tells me. If you knew Nancy you would too.
7. Most of my friends who had boys wanted pinto beans, refried beans and cheeseburgers when they were pg.
8. I had a dream about a week ago that I was in labor in the hospital and Chase was sitting behind me in the bed and I told him to get the nurse because the baby was coming but he couldn't get out of the bed and I looked down and saw the crown of it's head with a little light brown hair and said "it's coming out now!" And the next thing I was looking at was his little package and I started laughing and crying at the same time and said "YES! It IS a BOY!". Then the nurse came running in and acted mad at me because I had the baby without her, threw a cord clamp on his cord and Chase cut it. Then she took him over to the scale and he weighed 7 lbs, 10 oz. She asked me what his name was and I said "Eli Chase". Pretty vivid and specific, huh?
9. Some uh, appetite, and not the one that has to do with cheeseburgers, has increased, if you know what I mean. Oh, I really hope my parents don't read this one.
10. Last, but not least. At least 4 people who saw the latest sono pic swear they see a penis. Now, realistically, 9 weeks is a little early to see parts, but Chase thinks this just gives him more bragging rights. All I can say is after this one, if it is a girl, she is gonna have major issues. Like Chastity Bono issues!!
So...take a peek and tell me what you think!